Monday 25 May 2009

Into the blue empirion...















Mike Lima :) My bus for the morning flight. We took off around 11:30 and headed south towards the coast via Bodiam Castle, Hastings then Eastbourne. We then flew over the sea parallel with Beachy Head and then skirted the coast till Hastings then headed inland again. After buzzing Rob Davies at Woodchurch we headed west and rejoined dead-side then did an awesome sideslip approach before landing back at Lashenden. Absolutely stunning!! The viz turned pants on route back to the field so there were some hairy bits but it all cleared up within an hour to reveal a stinking hot sun and a super muggy day (which subsequently triggered some thunderstorms). I always seem to fly just before thunderstorms... Flying is such a drug though!! I find myself longing to be up there again, to feel the thrill of the flight and the luxury of such a great aircraft. So smooth and such great visibility from the cockpit! The blue empirion beckons me.........

Check out my second home - Headcorn Aerodrome:
www.headcornaerodrome.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment